Followers

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Fab n Funky Challenge #208 "Boys to Men"

Oh my goodness what a few weeks I have had!  Sorry for my absence recently but I was struck down by the dreaded lurgy for the last three weeks!  Completely out of action!

However barring a cough that could call the ships in, I am on the mend and feeling a bit more normal thank goodness.  Just in time for my first time hosting a challenge on behalf of team Funky over at Fab n Funky Challenges.

I chose the theme Boys to Men (or as some might recall Boys II Men!) which involves making a masculine card.  It can be for any age and any occasion but must be suitable for a male recipient!  I really struggle with masculine cards and you will rarely see me attempt them so I thought this was a good challenge to set myself (and would give me a chance to get some inspiration from the entries!)

The sponsors this week are



StampArt Design by Kathryne


 
Prize: 5 Digis

and

My Creative Classroom
 

The prize is a class of the winners choice
please see the website at www.mycreativeclassroom.com for details

 
 
and so on to my card using Majestic Eagle Head by StampArt by Kathryne


 
 
I decided that as I am very behind with a lot of cards due to being poorly, that I would try to catch up and use this opportunity to make my Dad a card.  I still need to decide if it is for Father's Day or my Dad's birthday and so I deliberately just put Dad on the front and once I decide then I will print off an insert with an appropriate sentiment inside to suit whichever occasion.  I kept the colours muted as I wanted the Eagle to be quite dramatic.  I used distress inks to colour the Eagle.  I then just mounted on black and Kraft card alternately, embossed some Kraft card for the background and printed off "Dad" (I used Algerian font) and mounted on black card then raised foam pads.  It is a simple card but I think (hope) my Dad will like it!  Hope you like! x

I would like to enter this card to the following challenges:

Everybody Art Challenge - Non Cute Card
Through the Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Anyone for Anya? - Masculine or Grungy
Simply Create Too - Challenge #57- Animals





 

8 comments:

  1. I think your Dad will love it and could be used for either occasion. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the image very masculine!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card for your Dad Katie...Thanks for a great challenge this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab challenge Kates. Had loads of fun preparing for this one. Love your card and such a fantastic 'male' image. Really fabulous. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card looks stunning! Your Dad will love this for sure. Good to hear you´re feeling better. Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for the challenge this week Kates, love the image.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kates: Beautiful, majestic Dad's Day card. Glad you're back to crafting and getting better--this 'junk' is going around in Alabama too--Both my husband and I have had it for 2 weeks--trips to the doctor with shots and antibiotics didn't help much--still doing 'your kind' of coughing too.

    Thanks for entering our Challenge #57 - "Animals"--hope you enter our upcoming challenges too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW that is a great masculine card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD
    xxxx
    Riette, DT.

    ReplyDelete