Followers

Monday, 3 March 2014

Crafting from the Heart Challenge - Anything Goes/Use Punches or Dies

Well hi everyone, hope you are all well.  Half term is over so everyone should be back to normal no?  Not in our house - 3 out of 5 of us have horrible colds-  me being one :(.  For some reason even my teeth hurt!
 
Anyway enough of my moaning!  It's time for a challenge - this time over at Crafting from the Heart where the challenge is Anything Goes/Use punches or dies.
 
The sponsors are:
Lacy Sunshine
Lacy Sunshine offering 3 digis
The Stamping Chef
Stamping Chef offering 3 digis
 
So, cold or no cold why not join in the fun?  This time I chose an image from both sponsors and this is what I came up with for my DT projects:
 
 
Using Lacy Sunshine - Lizabeth Butterfly Kisses
 
 

 
I decided to make a bag this time as I sometimes struggle with Gift bags etc for kids and I thought this would make a cute gift bag for a special birthday girl.  I used a circle punch to punch out the circles and I used Stampin Up thinlet Butterfly die for the butterflies and a circle die for behind Lizabeth.  I added pinflair glaze to make the butterflies shine.  The image is coloured with pro markers.  The background paper is embossed using a Creative Expressions Mask - The packet doesn't seem to have a name on it though but it is a butterfly/flower frame. The papers are my usual fave - My Mind's Eye. Add a bit of ribbon and voila!
 
 
Using Stamping Chef - Fairy Nuff
 
 
 
 
I thought that for this one I would try my hand at dip dye hair as I have seen it done a few times and thought that this image had some attitude to carry of the look!  Actually for my first attempt I was quite pleased however who knows if I can pull it off again!  Anyway I coloured her quite brightly - I was thinking Bollywood for some reason!¬  I used of course Wink of Stella on the wings and belt.  The rest was pro markers/flex markers.  The second pic shows the wings better.  When it came to putting the card together, it is fairly basic but I am afraid I am putting that down to my cold - I couldn't think straight to work out what to do!  I used spellbinders edgibilities for the green strip and an oval die around Fairy Nuff.  I cut round her wings a bit so that they would not be cut off by the die and to allow them to go beyond the oval.
 
Hope you like x
 
I am entering Lizabeth Butterfly kisses in the following challenges:
 
 
 
 
I am entering Fairy Nuff in the following challenges:
 




5 comments:

  1. Great gift bag Katie, the embossed background is perfect! I know many little girls who would treasure this! Love your card too, the wings are so sparkly!

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Fairy Nuff image very sassy and the dip dye hair is fabulous, I don't think the images needs lots of embellishments as she is now the star of the show, the bag is brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, just love this card and love the hair colour too. Thank you for a fabulous challenge this week.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gift bag Katie love it hun great job x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie two fantastic projects loving the bag and the card and both are coloured beautifully.
    Thankyou for a great challenge.
    Hugs
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete