Followers

Saturday, 1 February 2014

Holding out for Spring........

Hi All

After a slow start we have finally dragged ourselves into February!  Woohoo, days will get longer and we should soon see some bulb shoots popping up to mark Spring coming.  I can't wait - Spring is my favourite season!!

It's time for the February Challenge over at Cards Galore Encore and the theme is "Bling it up".  Add a wee gem or a dab of glitter to qualify for the challenge and who doesn't love a wee bit of bling!

The sponsor of this month's challenge is Scrappers Delights.



The lucky winner will win a prize.


For my DT card, I used the following sketch as inspiration for my card:

Check out their blog for great ideas and inspiration: My Favourite Things

Anyway, now on to my card!  I used the Nerissa Mermaid Digi Stamp






Now on to how I put it together.


I printed four images on one sheet of A4 using Pearl Cardstock.  I coloured one of the images using my pro markers.  To bling her up I cut the tail out of another one of the images to create a tail aperture.  I laid this over my coloured image and sprayed some Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle to make the tail nice and sparkly.  I chose some backing paper form my stash - Paper Heart by Crate Paper and used it as the background paper.  I also used paper from the same range for the strips.  I stamped Dream, Explore and Journey on each of the strips and embossed them.  These words were from Life Sentiments Set by Kaiser Craft.  I die cut some aqua glitter paper (more bling) and assembled everything together adding a final touch of pink gems at the end.  I went from being unsure that I would like the card to loving the final look!  Hope you like!

I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:

delicious doodles challenge #73- die-cuts and/or punches

craftycatz weekly challenge #216 - anything goes

stampede weekly challenge #73 - Anything Goes

4craftychicks challenge #179 - Anything goes and crazy egg

krafty girlz challenge #10 - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. such a lovely image, I love the tutorial you have explained it so clearly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! Fab image and coloring! Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful design and coloring of this mermaid! You rocked the bling challenge with your inspired glittery scalloped circle. You rocked our challenge!

    Hugs,
    Tamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I like the way you colored the image and incorporated it into the sketch. The sparkly tail is so fun! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great, the image is so cute and I love the sparkle too. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes."
    Good Luck.

    Karal DT for QKR Stampede
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and very cute image...
    Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Crafty Catz this week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, beautifully coloured and I love the layout. Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and beautiful colouring and colour palette :) Love, Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card you have made. It fits the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week well of “Using die-cuts and/or punches”. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card! I love that green glittery doilie behind your image - super pretty! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card. Love how you have showcased the image. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete