Followers

Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Fab n Funky Challenge - "Calling all Brads"

 Hi there,  how are you all today?  I have had a very busy few days this week with work, kids and crafting!  The crafting I enjoy  (and of course the kids!) but my printer has been playing up which has made it a bit difficult to print the images I need for DT cards due!  As a result I am chasing my tail tonight with this last minute make for the Fab n Funky Challenge this week!  The theme is Calling all Brads - use brads anywhere on your project.
 
 
The sponsor this week is Kenny K
 
 
with a prize of 5 Digis
 
Despite my last minute dash to complete my card on time, once my printer behaved, I had loads of fun with the image I had which was  Boogie Down.
 
 Here's my creation!



 


I used a Little Clare's tag card as my base, coloured the image with pro markers and used off cuts of my favourite paper - My Mind's Eye, Dolled up paper.  The brads that I have used are also My Mind's Eye, Dolled Up.  I wanted to find a quote that might inspire an awkward teenager (my daughter!) and so I checked out the  Quote Garden website and found this great quote by Terri Guillemets.  I thought it was a nice sentiment, however I apologise if I have inadvertently used the quote incorrectly.

Anyway,  I really hope you like the card.  I think it's fun and quirky (a bit like my daughter).

I would like to enter this card for the following Challenges: 


Fantastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Digi Darla - Your Personal Style
Make it Monday challenge #177 - Always anything Goes
 

19 comments:

  1. Really wonderful project Kates, what a great idea! I love your bright colour scheme too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful project Kates, what a great idea! I love your bright colour scheme too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag booklet! Loving the bright colours and the image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Katie - I just love the design and pretty papers - just perfect for this image - I think the quote works well too - my stroppy teenager is grown up now and quite calm and collected (most of the time!!) - but I remember when she used to stomp up stairs and jump up and down on her bedroom floor - happy days lol hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag card Kates, beautiful colours.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Def fun and quirky - loving the tag booklet idea and those gorgeous papers.
    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tag booklet Katie. Your coloring and the bright color scheme is awesome. Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute project, thanks for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag card Katie, love the wonderful colours and design.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, this is fabulous Kate! love the images and the coloring, but the fold/shape is fabulous!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous and fun creation. Saw your card on MIM.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card love it and thank you for playing along at Fan-Tastic Tuesday - very good luck and have a great day Judith DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That card is amazing Kates! Love the concertina design, it's fantastic! Fabulous papers and I love that sentiment too. It's perfect. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab Creation Thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge, we would love you to come back and join us again next week for another fab challenge...
    Hugs
    Suzy B~Owner~Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your fun and quirky card love the papers and distressing and that sentiment is perfect as is the card for a teenager
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun cheery card! I spotted it on MIM. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well how fun are these??? So colorful and vibrant!! Love this a lot! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so fun and funky. Love the tag theme and cheerful colouring.
    {I would love you to take part in my 800 Follower Give-away where everyone is a winner who enters. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete