Followers

Friday, 17 January 2014

Melt Pot Thursday!!


Finally I got to play with my new melt pot tonight!!  I have to say I was a little nervous but I was excited at the same time to see what I could do!

I decided to use a lovely Dilly Beans image "Daisy Girl Framed".  It is such a pretty image and I thought that the flowers in her hair and round the frame would look lovely as embellishments from my melt pot.  So,  I set about the task, trying hard not to rush into heating up the pot, by printing three of the same sized image, two on white paper and one on patterned Amy Tangerine paper.  I cut away the inside of the frame on the patterned paper to make an aperture frame.  I then coloured the girl and the pink background.  I roughly coloured the flowers just so you wouldn't see any white under my embellishments.  On the third image I only coloured the flowers and then cut them out.  I used pro markers to colour everything.

At last I was able to set up the melt pot!  With my three kids hovering around my cauldron to see if I was going to chuck the dog in to see if she turned into a unicorn, I melted the UTEE and then dipped in my flowers one by one.  As I got to the last couple I was more confident in what I was doing but overall I am really happy with how they turned out.

I then assembled the card, placing the green frame over the image and then using a hot glue gun to stick all of my flowers in place.  Once that was done I thought that the card needed something else so I hunted out some buttons, a few sticky words and added a dab of stickles here and there to finish it off.

All in all my first experience of the melt pot was a success, I would tackle my dipping differently next time but on the whole  I got the effect that I was looking for so here's to more Melt Pot Thursdays!!!  Hope you like x



I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenges - Anything Goes

Moving Along With the Times - Girly Cards

4kraftygirlzchallenges - Challenge #9 - Anything Goes

Crafting from the Heart - Challenge #4 Use Pearls or Buttons

Fab n Funky Challenges - #199 Recipe

14 comments:

  1. Kate this is a gorgeous card hun, I love Dilly Beans, images, your colours are brilliant, too, thank you for sharing with us at Crafting from the Heart, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is gorgeous Kates! I love that image and the gorgeous frame you've created, beautiful colors too! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gorgeous image and beautiful colouring -thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Kate -I love the meltpot flowers and your colouring is fab! - thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week
    Can you email me (the address is in the sidebar of the Fab'n'Funky challenge blog) hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kate, love the image and the gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining in with us at Fab;n;Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for playing at Crafting From the Heart. We hope to see you next time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol I did laugh when I read your post. I love the card so very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I'm going to have to watch you and see how this melting pot malarkey is done! LOL. Looks fab. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, I have not ventured into the melt pot scene yet, but there is always time lol.
    Looking forward to working with you at Fab N Funky.
    I have now followed you
    Crafty Hugs
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I started following your blog and am really looking forward to work with you at Fab´n´Funky! Hugs, Sujin (Bastelarena)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kates, Just popped by to say pleased to have you on the Fab'n'Funky design team. Have joined your followers.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kate - loving your blog welcome to Fab n Funky
    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just popping over to welcome you to Fab'n'Funky, it's great to have you join us.
    Gorgeous card, love the fabulous image.
    Now following you.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kate, had a walk thru your blog and lovin your style. Gorgeous card. Welcome to Fab'n'Funky.
    It will be a pleasure to follow and work with you. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete