Followers

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Fun and frosty!

So the fun is building with Christmas looming and it was quite frosty here this morning which is very apt as I share card number four made on Sunday with my scraps of Bo bunny paper found in my marathon craft blitz - aptly named "Blitzen"!  I also used some indigo blu Christmas stamps (I will find out the name). I love this snowflake stamp!  I used a swirl from another indigo blu Christmas set and embossed it white (I was trying to tie in the theme of the sentiment in my stamping - hope it worked!  I rubbed round the edges of the card with the same blue ink as I used in the stamping just to bring out the white swirl a bit more.  My embellishment was like the reindeer of previous blogs, a plain wooden embellishment found in my stash.  I painted it with gesso, stamped the swirl in blue and embossed with ultra thick embossing powder.  I then rubbed a wee bit of pearlescent mica powder over it, heated again to set it and ended up with this lovely enamel look snowflake (in fact I loved doing it so much I made three so two more to look forward to!!). I think this is my favourite of the four and so quick to make!  Hope you like x


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Kate, love the design and the lovely colours.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete