Followers

Monday, 1 July 2013

Card order - Woodware Stamp set BD23 2DE

Hi folks,  today I am sharing a card that I made to order for a friend.  The brief was:

  • Girly
  • Blue
  • Birds
  • Birthday
  • Must refer to friend


So, I started by using my spellbinder dies to make a card base, I cut two of the same size shape and ran one of them through with an embossibility folder.  I scored the back section just below the lowest cut mark of the shape and attached the two together.  Then I cut another two smaller pieces from the same set of dies and used an even smaller one to cut an aperture in one to form a frame.  Phew! with the basis of the construction finished I got to work with my Woodware clear magic stamp set BD23 2DE which is a lovely bird set.  My friend doesn't like birds in cages so I avoided using the lovely bird cage and let the birds fly free!!

On the back panel of my aperture I stamped the branches, some leaves and some blue flowers.  On another piece of card I re stamped some more flowers and three birds.  I coloured the birds using the same ink that I used to stamp the flowers (Stampin up bashful blue).  I added some stickles to the hearts and wings (I had a problem as I had used distress inks and they didn't like stickles!! I ended up with a brownish tinge to the wings!! so I re-stamped the birds using memento Cocoa and stickled the wings and hearts, cut them out and added that as decoupage to my wee birdies!).  I cut all of these out to add later.

For the sentiments I used Stampin up sincere salutations and masked off a section of a stamp in My Mind's eye Miss Caroline "Dolled Up" to get Friend.  I used my Stampin up scalloped circle punch.  I inked round the edges with my blue ink and assembled the card raising the frame slightly using foam pads.  I then stuck down the additional flowers and put the birds in place, tied a bit of ribbon into a bow plus an additional blue piece to attach Friend sentiment and there we go card made to order!

Hope you like. x

No comments:

Post a Comment